By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Will McKinney of Indiana Tech was selected as this week’s NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week, while Tyler Hooper of Siena Heights (Mich.) is this week’s National Defensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of March 27 – April 2 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners
National Offensive Player of the Week
Will McKinney, Indiana Tech
Jr., A, Savage, Minn.
• McKinney helped push the Warriors to a 1-1 week, including a victory of then-No. 2 Lourdes (Ohio).
• In the upset of No. 2 Lourdes, McKinney recorded a career-high eight goals
• Followed the victory with four goals in a 14-10 loss against then-No. 10 Siena Heights (Mich.).
• Leads the NAIA in goals (45).
National Defensive Player of the WeekTyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Jr., G, Tecumeseh, Mich.
• Hooper helped lead the Saints to a 2-0 week, including a win over top 10 opponent then-No. 8 Indiana Tech.
• On the week, Hooper earned a save percentage of .773.
• During the 14-0 win against Concordia (Mich.), Hooper recorded his first career shutout with 10 saves.
• Helped the Saints upset the Warriors with 12 saves and three ground balls.
• Hooper averaged 11.0 saves and 5.0 goals against on the week.
Offensive Nominees: Dalton Smith, Cumberlands (Ky.); Mackinley Morgan, Saint Mary (Kan.); Sean Hess, Missouri Baptist
Defensive Nominees: Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.); Jake DeBeir, Missouri Baptist; Louis Mallillin, St. Ambrose (Iowa)
2017 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (March 1): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.), Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 8): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.), Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 3 (March 15): Conner Mishler, Lourdes (Ohio), Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 4 (March 22): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.), Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 5 (March 29): Austin Ambrose, Reinhardt (Ga.), Mackinley Morgan, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 6 (April 5): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.), Will McKinney, Indiana Tech