KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Mariners of Coastal Georgia claim 17 of the 19 first places votes to earn the No. 1 in the final Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights
- No. 1 Coastal Georgia earns 17 of the 18 first-place votes
- Defending national champions, Oklahoma City claims the No. 2 spot earning one first place vote.
- Keiser cracked the top three this week previous No. 5
- University of Northern Ohio had positive movement advancing to the top five after winning the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference Tournament earing them an automatic qualifier bid to the national championship.
- Park (Mo.) and Mobile (Ala.) join the rankings this week at No. 24 and 25
- No. 2 Oklahoma City continues to lead the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 121 consecutive appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 Men’s Volleyball Championship, Baseball World Series and Softball World Series! Download the app HERE!
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Coastal Georgia ||528|
|2||2||Oklahoma City ||512|
|4||6||University of Northwestern Ohi||468|
|6||4||Dalton State (Ga.) ||453|
|8||8||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||420|
|9||10||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||376|
|10||11||William Carey (Miss.)||375|
|11||9||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||360|
|15||18||William Woods (Mo.)||280|
|20||20||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||216|
Dropped from the Top 25: Southeastern (Fla.) and Loyola (La.)
Others Receiving Votes: Southeastern (Fla.) 84, Kansas Wesleyan 82, Loyola (La.) 57, Columbia (Mo.) 43, Arizona Christian 36, Holy Cross (Ind.) 24, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas) 22, Cumberland (Tenn.) 18, Sterling (Kan.) 9, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 5, Tennessee Wesleyan 4, Midland (Neb.) Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 4, Corban (Ore.) 3, and Marian (Ind.) 3