NAIA Football Players of the Week ? No. 3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Beau Eriksson of Jamestown (N.D.), Eric Price of Marian (Ind.) and Josh Techeira of Robert Morris (Ill.) have been named the NAIA Football National Players of the Week, the national office announced Monday. Eriksson, Price and Techeira were chosen for their performances during the week of Sept. 15 – 21 and were selected out of a pool of conference and independent award winners.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Beau Eriksson, Jamestown (N.D.)
Jr., QB, Devils Lake, N.D.
• Set a program single-game record with 501 yards of total offense in Jamestown’s 40-20 win against North Star Athletic Association rival Waldorf (Iowa) on Sept. 20. The previous record of 453 yards was set by current Jimmies offensive coordinator Josh Kittell in 2008.
• Completed 27-of-49 passes for 453 yards and three touchdowns.
• Finished the contest second on the team in rushing with 12 carries for 48 yards and a touchdown.
• Claims his first career National Offensive Player of the Week award.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Eric Price, Marian (Ind.)
So., DB, Sheridan, Ind.
• Had two interceptions and three pass break ups in the Knights’ 31-18 upset win over defending national champion and then-No. 1 Grand View (Iowa) on Sept. 20.
• He also recorded six tackles and one tackle for loss.
• With the win, Marian improved to 2-0 all-time against top-ranked teams.
• Claims first career National Defensive Player of the Week award.
• Last Marian Defensive Player of the Week: Dustin Craig (Nov. 7, 2012).
National Special Teams Player of the Week
Josh Techeira, Robert Morris (Ill.)
Jr., K/P, Midlothian, Ill.
• Connected on a 40-yard game winning field goal with 32 seconds to play in Robert Morris’ 27-24 upset victory against then-No. 10 Saint Xavier (Ill.)
• He also converted a 20-yard field goal earlier in the contest.
• Perfect 3-for-3 in PAT attempts.
• Averaged 45.4 yards per punt, including a long of 64 yards.
• Averaged 64.5 yards per kick off.
• Claims his first career National Special Teams Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Terrell Robinson, Faulkner (Ala.); Lamont Wims, Robert Morris (Ill.); Taylor Sachs, Kansas Wesleyan; Evan Ressler, William Penn (Iowa); Mikorban Fields, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Brandon Wegher, Morningside (Iowa); Steven Williams, Southeastern (Fla.); Kelwin Burke, Avila (Mo.); Tyler Hulse, Montana Western.
Defensive Nominees: Mitchell Hoskins, Faulkner (Ala.); Greg Hayward, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Garrett Tenney, Jamestown (N.D.); David Hockenberry, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Steven Williams, Bethany (Kan.); Tarence Roby, Concordia (Neb.); Quentin Harris, Southeastern (Fla.); Ty Phillips, Missouri Valley; Laurence Calcagno, Southern Oregon.
Special Teams Nominees: Eugene Estes, Oklahoma Baptist; Abdul Mahdi, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Mike Self, Cumberland (Tenn.); Jordan Pedersen, Doane (Neb.); Adam Maisch, Bethany (Kan.); Brandon Leon, Ave Maria (Fla.); Antoine Scott, Presentation (S.D.); Danny Spencer, Avila (Mo.); Rhys Felton, Carroll (Mont.).
2014 NAIA Football Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 8)
Offense: Melvin Mason, Southern Oregon
Defense: Justus Dauscha, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Special Teams: Mike Self, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Sept. 15)
Offense: Terrell Robinson, Faulkner (Ala.)
Defense: Cory Brady, College of Idaho
Special Teams: Greg Conry, Peru State (Neb.)
Week 3 (Sept. 22)
Offense: Beau Eriksson, Jamestown (N.D.)
Defense: Eric Price, Marian (Ind.)
Special Teams: Josh Techeira, Robert Morris (Ill.)