2018 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Poll Six (Oct. 15)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – While a tie was broken from a week ago, the top five teams in the NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll remained the same as conference play continued for many over the weekend. No. 4 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) survived an overtime thriller on the road against then-No. 15 Georgetown (Ky.), former No. 1 and defending national champion Saint Francis (Ind.) needed extra time to defeat conference foe and then-No. 20 Siena Heights (Mich.).
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- No. 1 Morningside (Iowa) withstood another test with a 69-7 win over Doane (Iowa) over the weekend. The win is the fifth in a row by a margin of 50-or-more points.
- Lindsey Wilson held its ground at No. 4 with a 37-31 overtime win over then-No. 15 Georgetown. The Blue Raiders are 5-1 on the year, the only loss coming against NCAA Division I institution Presbyterian (S.C.).
- Avila (Mo.) and Saint Xavier (Ill.) are new to the poll this week after both secured critical victories over the weekend. While the Eagles took care of Friends (Kan.) 31-21, the Cougars picked-up their fifth win of the year in a 41-6 victory over Trinity International (Ill.)
- Southern Oregon dropped its second-consecutive game over the weekend in Frontier Conference play. Eastern Oregon made a jump from No. 24 to No. 19 this week thanks to its 27-17 win over the Raiders.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55), Georgetown (Ky.) (25), Morningside (Iowa) 23 and Marian (Ind.) 22.
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 145-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll Six (Oct. 15)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Morningside (Iowa) ||7-0||366|
|2||2||Marian (Ind.) ||6-0||351|
|4||4||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||5-1||314|
|7||8||Grand View (Iowa)||5-1||275|
|12||13||Saint Francis (Ind.)||5-2||210|
|15||16||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||5-2||171|
|20||21||Dickinson State (N.D.)||5-2||93|
|23||20||Siena Heights (Mich.)||5-1||52|
|24||NR||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||5-3||41|
Dropped from the Top 25: Montana Tech, Webber International (Fla.)
Others Receiving Votes: Keiser (Fla.) 11, Midland (Neb.) 7, Montana Tech 3