2018 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Final (Nov. 11)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Two conference titles were up for grabs on Saturday, and Baker (Kan.) and Langston (Okla.) earned victories in a critical spot heading into the final rating of the 2018 NAIA Football regular season. With the two victories, both teams secured their conference automatic bid to the NAIA Football Championship Series.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- The top eight remained the same this week as top-seed Morningside (Iowa) put together another strong performance in a 49-13 win over Jamestown (N.D.).
- The top five teams in the poll outscored their opponents 256-48 in the final weekend of play.
- Baker took home the Heart of America Athletic Conference South title on Saturday, which put an automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship on the line. In a close game, the Wildcats pulled out a 19-7 upset victory over Evangel (Mo.).
- Langston secured the Sooner Athletic Conference championship in the NAIA Game of the Week on Saturday. The Lions put together a dominant 33-9 win over Oklahoma Panhandle to put an exclamation point on a 9-1 season.
- Dordt (Iowa), Eastern Oregon and Arizona Christian made the jump into the poll in the final week of competition.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55) Morningside (27), Georgetown (Ky.) (25) and Marian (22).
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 148-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (Nov. 11)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|8||8||Saint Francis (Ind.)||8-2||264|
|10||12||Grand View (Iowa)||8-2||235|
|15||16||Dickinson State (N.D.)||8-2||165|
|16||11||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||8-3||160|
|17||17||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||8-3||156|
|18||18||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||7-3||133|
|22||24||College of Idaho||6-5||53|
|25||20||Siena Heights (Mich.)||7-3||20|
Dropped from the Top 25: Avila (Mo.), Montana Western
Others Receiving Votes: Montana Western 9, Ave Maria (Fla.) 5, Southern Oregon 4, Tabor (Kan.) 3, Avila (Mo.) 3