2019 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll - Final (Nov. 17)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Morningside (Iowa) stayed atop the NAIA Coaches’ Top 25 for the entire duration of the season from preseason poll to the final poll. The No. 1 Mustangs defeated then-No. 5 Northwestern 37-27 to earn the Great Plains Athletic Conference Division title Saturday.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- Morningside finished the regular season with a perfect record of 10-0 and earned an automatic bid to the 2019 NAIA National Championship.
- The top four teams remained the same this week College of Idaho moved one spot to round out the top five.
- The top five teams in the poll outscored their opponents 223-91 in the final weekend of play.
- Baker (Kan.) took home the Heart of America Athletic Conference South title for a second year in a row, the Wildcats pulled out a 28-21 victory in the NAIA Game of the Week on Saturday over Evangel (Mo.).
- In just their second year as a program, Ottawa (Ariz.) secured the Sooner Athletic Conference championship. The Spirit put together a dominant 33-14 win over SAGU (Texas) to finish the season 9-1.
- Montana Western and Waldorf (Iowa) made the jump into the poll in the final week of competition.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55) Morningside (39), Georgetown (Ky.) (25) and Marian (23).
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 160-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Football Championship! Download the app HERE!
2019 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (Nov. 17)
||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|4||4||Grand View (Iowa)||11-0||353|
|5||6||College of Idaho||9-0||333|
|6||7||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||10-0||320|
|9||10||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||8-2||272|
|11||11||Saint Francis (Ind.)||7-2||243|
|16||16||Ottawa (Ariz.) (AZ)||9-1||174|
|17||18||Dickinson State (N.D.)||8-2||151|
|20||18||Siena Heights (Mich.)||7-3||102|
Dropped Out: Dordt (Iowa) and Montana Tech
Recieving Votes: Midland (Neb.) 7, MidAmerica Nazarene 7, Indiana Wesleyan 6, Montana Tech 6