2019 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll - Poll Nine (Nov. 11)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Morningside (Iowa) claimed their 17th No. 1 ranking in the Top 25 Poll dating back to October 1st 2018. The Mustangs defeated conference opponent Concordia (Neb.) 52-7 on Saturday to earn their ninth win to remain No. 1 in the ninth edition of 2019 NAIA Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- The No. 1 Mustangs are currently ranked No. 1 in ten statically categories including third down conversion, pass offense per game, pass efficiency, total sacks, opponent first downs, first down per game, sacks against, total scoring offense, total offense yards per game and scoring offense per game.
- The top eight teams remained the same from the previous poll (Nov. 4).
- Carroll (Mont.) joined the poll at No. 22 after defeated then-No. 17 Montana Tech 30-19
- Dordt (Iowa) and Bethel (Kan.) also joined the poll this week as newcomers.
- Unranked Central Methodist defeated then-No. 9 Evangel (Mo.) 42-7 to drop the Crusaders to No. 17 this week.
- Baker (Kan.) made positive movement this week to No. 15 after defeating then-No. 12 Benedictine 30-10.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55) Morningside (38), Georgetown (Ky.) (25) and Marian (23).
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 159-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Football Championship! Download the app HERE!
2019 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 9 (November 11)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [IST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Morningside (Iowa) ||9-0||392|
|4||4||Grand View (Iowa)||10-0||352|
|6||6||College of Idaho||9-0||322|
|7||7||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||9-0||310|
|10||11||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||7-2||258|
|11||13||Saint Francis (Ind.)||7-2||234|
|16||19||Ottawa (Ariz.) (AZ)||8-1||165|
|18||20||Dickinson State (N.D.)||8-2||131|
|18||21||Siena Heights (Mich.)||7-2||131|
Dropped Out: Sterling (Kan.), Indiana Wesleyan and Montana Western
Receiving Votes: Sterling (Kan.) 20, Indiana Wesleyan 16, Montana Western 12 and Waldorf (Iowa) 9