NAIA Division I Men?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 5 (Feb. 3)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – D’on Hall of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Jan. 26 – Feb. 2, is the fifth of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
D’on Hall, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
6-5, Sr., G, San Bernardino, Calif.
• In two wins over Top 25 teams last week, Hall shot nearly 54 percent (14-of-26) from the field, while averaging 22.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals.
• On Jan. 31, posted a career-high 27 points and five steals in the 98-93 win over No. 2-ranked and Mid-South Conference leader Pikeville (Ky.).
• In the 82-66 win over No. 23 Cumberlands (Ky.) on Jan. 29, Hall went for 18 points and nine boards.
• His career-high point total bettered his old mark of 20 points done on Jan. 22 vs. Cumberland (Tenn.).
• Has notched at least 10 points in 16 of 23 games this season.
• Team is riding a season-long three-game winning streak into contest Wednesday against No. 6 Campbellsville (Ky.).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Kelsey Howard, Tougaloo (Miss.); Ty Allen, Oklahoma Baptist; Cameron Lewis, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Phillip Miller, Wiley (Texas); Ty Armstrong, Concordia (Calif.); Reggie Brown, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Mitchell Farr, Central Methodist (Mo.); Zach Taylor, Carroll (Mont.).
2014-15 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ta'Quan McDew, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Kelsey Howard, Tougaloo (Miss.)
Week 5 (Feb. 4): D'on Hall, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)