NAIA Division I Men?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 1 (Dec. 6)
By Eric Montgomery, NAIA Staff Writer
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – George Page of Wiley (Texas) was named NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Page was selected for his play during the week of Nov. 28 – Dec. 4 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
George Page, Wiley (Texas)
6-3 Sr., F, Winnifield, La.
• Averaged 20.6 points and 8.0 rebounds per game to lead the Wildcats to a 3-0 week.
• Recorded 22 points and eight rebounds in an upset win over defending national champion and No. 1-ranked Mid-America Christian (Okla.), 78-76.
• Posted 33 points and eight rebounds, converting 12 of 14 field goals, in a 101-96 win over NCAA Division III Concordia-Austin (Texas).
• Shot 77 percent (24-of-31) from the field and 70 percent (14-of-20) from the free throw line for the week.
• Leads the team in scoring and field goal percentage, and is third on the team in total rebounds (53).
• This is his first-career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Men’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Dom Robinson, Montana Western; Jalen McGaughy, Dillard (La.); Trey Mitchell, William Woods (Mo.); Dalarian Williams, Life (Ga.); Francesc Iturria, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Kieston Standfield, Middle Georgia State; Marvin White, Southwestern Christian (Okla.); Jamaal Lee, Vanguard (Calif.).
2016-17 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): George Page, Wiley (Texas)