NAIA Division I Men's Basketball National Player of the Week — No. 1
Story by Chad Waller, Director of Athletics Communications & Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Isaac Edmondson of Bethel (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Edmondson was chosen for his performances from November 27 – Dec. 3 and was a selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week
Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)
6-5, Jr., F, Dickson, Tenn.
- His 43 points at Brescia (Ky.) on Nov. 28 tied the Bethel record for third-highest point total ever in a game.
- Four days later against Martin Methodist (Tenn.), Edmondson netted 15 points to reach the 1,000-point career threshold and become the 30th Bethel player to hit the milestone.
- Weekly Stats
- 29.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game
- Shot 52.8 (19-for-36) from the floor and 16-of-18 (88.9) from the foul line
- Tallied a double-double against Brescia with 43 points and 13 rebounds
- Leading the team with a 21.0 point scoring average
For more information on NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all national statistical leaders, click here.
Nominees: Patrick Thompson, Dillard (La.); Joshua Hamilton, Wiley (Texas); Dashaun Stark, William Woods (Mo.); Tyrone Davis, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Andre McCowan, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Zach Landis, Life (Ga.); Kevin Metoyer, Benedictine (Kan.); Timothy Soares, The Master's (Calif.).
2017-18 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Dec. 5): Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)