NAIA Division I Men's Basketball National Player of the Week — No. 4
Story by NAIA National Office
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Branden Jenkins of Texas Wesleyan has been named the NAIA Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Jenkins was chosen for his performances from January 1 – 7 and was selected out of a pool conference award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Branden Jenkins, Texas Wesleyan
6’4, Sr., G, Chicago, Ill.
- Fell one point shy of the school’s single game record with 44 points in 14-point win against No. 14 Oklahoma City on Jan. 6. The scoring standard was set in 1965.
- Was one 3-pointer away from the Rams’ record with eight against Oklahoma City in just 31 minutes of action.
- Weekly Stats
- Averaged 29.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists in two contest.
- Shot 61% from the field and 59% from 3 point-range
- Tallied 15 points in 17 minutes in 81-79 win against Central Christian (Kan.) on Jan. 4.
For more information on NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all national statistical leaders, click here.
Nominees: Cullen Smith, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Courtney Julien, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Lawrence Russell, The Master's (Calif.); Dashaun Stark, William Woods (Mo.); Devonte Dixon, Talladega (Ala.); Shadell Millinghaus, Georgetown (Ky.); Caulin Bakalarski, Montana State-Northern; Benjamin Fields, Loyola (La.).
2017-18 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Dec. 5): Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Dec. 12): Ridell Camidge, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (Jan. 2): Mike Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Week 4 (Jan. 9): Branden Jenkins, Texas Wesleyan