NAIA Division I Men's Basketball National Player of the Week ? No. 8
Story by NAIA National Office
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Brandon Jones of Montana Western has been named the NAIA Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Jones was chosen for his performances from January 29 – February 4 and was selected out of a pool conference award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Brandon Jones, Montana Western
6-5, Jr., G, Houston, Texas
- Posted a pair of double-doubles last week for the Bulldogs, including a 23 point-16 rebound effort in 75-71 win against Montana Tech on Feb. 1.
- Weekly Stats
- Averaged 20.0 points, 15.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks
- Shot 46.7 percent (14-of-30) from the field
- Has now scored in double-figures in 11-straight games
- Stands with three double-doubles on the year
Nominees: Joshua Hamilton, Wiley (Texas); Dimychael Ross, Brewton-Parker (Ga.); Jalen David, Xavier (La.); Will Gary, Cumberlands (Ky.); Ryan Harris, Texas Wesleyan; Jeremy Deemer, Graceland (Iowa); Shackeel Butters, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Andrew Bournes, Hope International (Calif.).
2017-18 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Dec. 5): Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Dec. 12): Ridell Camidge, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (Jan. 2): Mike Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Week 4 (Jan. 9): Branden Jenkins, Texas Wesleyan
Week 5 (Jan. 16): Carnilious Simmons, Dalton State (Ga.)
Week 6 (Jan. 23): L.J. Westbrook, Peru State (Neb.)
Week 7 (Jan. 30): Stevie Clark, LSU Shreveport (La.)
Week 8 (Feb. 6): Brandon Jones, Montana Western