NAIA Division I Men's Basketball National Player of the Week — No. 10
Story by NAIA National Office
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Zaccheus Darko-Kelly of Montana Western has been named the NAIA Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Darko-Kelly was chosen for his performances from February 12 – 18 and was selected out of a pool conference award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Zaccheus Darko-Kelly, Montana Western
6-6, So., F, Great Falls, Mont.
- The Great Falls, Mont., native notched two, 20-point contests in two Bulldog wins last week.
- Weekly Stats
- Averaged 24.5 points, 10.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.0 steals
- Shot 53.6 percent (15-of-28) from the field, including 60.0 percent (6-of-10) from 3-point range.
- Fell two-points shy of a season high with a 26-point scoring effort in win at No. 19 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) on Feb. 16.
- Ranks No. 9 in the NAIA in 3-point field-goal percentage (.471)
Nominees: Da'Jon Streeter, Central Baptist (Ark.); Frederick Moore, Shawnee State (Ohio); Jadarius Haymer, Tougaloo (Miss.); Anthony Sharp Ii, Wiley (Texas); Branden Jenkins, Texas Wesleyan; Tyree Peter, Baker (Kan.); Carnilious Simmons, Dalton State (Ga.); Brock Gardner, The Master's (Calif.)
2017-18 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Dec. 5): Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Dec. 12): Ridell Camidge, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (Jan. 2): Mike Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Week 4 (Jan. 9): Branden Jenkins, Texas Wesleyan
Week 5 (Jan. 16): Carnilious Simmons, Dalton State (Ga.)
Week 6 (Jan. 23): L.J. Westbrook, Peru State (Neb.)
Week 7 (Jan. 30): Stevie Clark, LSU Shreveport (La.)
Week 8 (Feb. 6): Brandon Jones, Montana Western
Week 9 (Feb. 13): Bryson London, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Week 10 (Feb. 20): Zaccheus Darko-Kelly, Montana Western