2017 - 18 NAIA Division I Men's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll — Final
By: Chad Waller, Director of Athletics Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — For the third-straight time, The Master’s (Calif.) claims the No. 1 position in the final regular-season edition of the 2017-18 NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, announced Wednesday by the national office. The Mustangs collected all nine first-place votes and 219 total points.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) beginning in the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2017 – 18 NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (March 7)
|RANK||LAST WEEK^||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||2017-18 RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||The Master's (Calif.) (9)||29-2||219|
|3||2||LSU Shreveport (La.)||27-4||208|
|4||4||William Penn (Iowa)||27-4||198|
|7||7||Central Methodist (Mo.)||27-5||174|
|10||12||William Carey (Miss.)||25-5||154|
|T11||8||Hope International (Calif.)||25-5||143|
|14||13||LSU Alexandria (La.)||25-7||139|
|16||16||Dalton State (Ga.)||24-8||107|
|20||18||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||23-9||79|
|21||19||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||21-11||77|
|24||22||Central Baptist (Ark.)||21-8||60|
Others Receiving Votes: Wayland Baptist (Texas) 39; Campbellsville (Ky.) 30; Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 29; Harris-Stowe State (Mo.) 26; Langston (Okla.) 13; Science & Arts (Okla.) 7; Vanguard (Calif.) 6.
Dropped Out: None
^ Previous ranking occurred Feb. 27, 2018 (Poll No. 6)