NAIA Division II Men?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 1 (Jan. 6)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Chandler Folkerts of Concordia (Neb.) has been named the NAIA National Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Dec. 29 – Jan. 4, is the first of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.)
6-8, So., C, Milford, Neb.
• In three wins last week, Folkerts averaged 18.3 points, 8.3 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1.3 blocks. He shot 63.2 percent from the floor (24-of-38) and went 70 percent (7-of-10) from the foul line.
• With 19 points and 11 rebounds on Dec. 30 against Concordia (Canada), Folkerts pushed his conference-leading double-double total to five.
• In an 87-83 win over Dordt (Iowa) on Jan. 3, he finished with a season-high 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting (.667).
• Chipped in 11 points and five rebounds in the upset win over then-No. 3 Northwood (Fla.) on Dec. 29.
• Currently is riding a 13-game streak of 10-plus point scoring contests.
• In NAIA national statistics, ranks 21st in field goal percentage (.577) and 35th in blocks (1.4 bpg).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Kerry Green, Grand View (Iowa); Jonathan Gidson, Bethany (Kan.); Cameron Robinson, Dakota State (S.D.); Austin Kuemper, Northwest Christian (Ore.); Jordan Nelson, Waldorf (Iowa); Aaron Larson, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Tanner Watkins, Indiana Tech; Tyler Rogers, Alice Lloyd (Ky.); Jd Tucker, Union (Ky.); Andre' Winston, Southeastern (Fla.); Dion Smith, Marian (Ind.); Dalton Thacker, Simpson (Calif.).
2014-15 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.)