NAIA Division II Men?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 2 (Jan. 13)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Grant Greenberg of Saint Mary (Kan.) has been named the NAIA National Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Jan. 5 – 11, is the second of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
6-2, So., G, Leavenworth, Kan.
• Greenberg had two 30-plus point games in three contests last week.
• Averaged 31.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.3 steals and 2.7 assists as the Spires went 2-1. He shot 63.0 percent (34-of-54) from the field and missed just three free throws overall (20-of-23).
• In 96-69 win over Haskell (Kan.) on Jan. 5, Greenberg finished with 28 points and seven steals.
• Posted 33 and 34 points in back-to-back efforts – he now stands with eight games this year of at least 30 points.
• Tied a season-high with eight rebounds, to go along with 34 points in the 87-80 loss at Southwestern (Kan.) on Jan. 10.
• Extended his scoring streak of at least 10 points to 27-straight games, dating back to last year.
• In NAIA national statistics, Greenberg ranks No. 1 in total scoring (490) and No. 2 in scoring average (28.8).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Kyle Stidom, Taylor (Ind.); Jerah'me Williams, Point Park (Pa.); Trey Scott, Waldorf (Iowa); Dominez Burnett, Davenport (Mich.); Anthony Woods, Ashford (Iowa); Dominique Hagans, Union (Ky.); Brandon Eley, AIB (Iowa); Brian Pace, Webber International (Fla.); Jayden Ferguson, Valley City State (N.D.); Travis Giesselmann, Nebraska Wesleyan; Isaiah Hawkins, La Sierra (Calif.); Austin Kuemper, Northwest Christian (Ore.); Alexander Marzette, Robert Morris (Ill.).
2014-15 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)