NAIA Division II Men?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 7 (Feb. 17)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications & Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jack Krieger of Saint Xavier (Ill.) is named the NAIA National Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Feb. 9 – 15, is the seventh edition of the 2014-15 season. Krieger was chosen out of a group of conference award winners.
National Player of the Week
Jack Krieger, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
6-3, Sr., G, Plainfield, Ill.
• Krieger exploded for a pair of 35-plus scoring efforts in two Cougar wins last week – 118-117 (3 OT) victory over Robert Morris (Ill.) on Feb. 11 and a 90-80 win over Trinity International (Ill.) on Feb. 14.
• For the week, he averaged 39.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.5 steals. He shot 66.7 percent (24-of-36) from the floor, including 5-of-11 (.455) from 3-point range.
• Against Robert Morris, he notched a game-high 35 points and split a pair of free throws with 7 seconds left in the third OT period to help secure the one-point win.
• He went off for 43 points against
• Trinity International, which was the most points ever scored by a Cougar at the Shannon Center and the most points in a game on record for a Saint Xavier player since Hall of Famer Mike Walaszek scored 46 points on Feb. 8, 1978.
• Holds a No. 8 ranking in in scoring (22.1 ppg) in NAIA Division II.
• Has now scored 10-or-more points in all 27 appearances this year, including 15 contests of at least 20 points.
• The two wins helped Saint Xavier establish a firm hold of second place in the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference’s North Division with just two regular season conference games left to play.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Zach Steinmetz, Lourdes (Ohio); Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.); Brandon Eley, AIB (Iowa); Fred Mattison, Northwood (Fla.); J'quayveon Williams, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Dennis Williams, Grace (Ind.); Demetrius Perkins, College of Idaho; Jared Lawrence, IU Kokomo; Alonzo Stafford, Central Christian (Kan.); Jeremy Comer, Presentation (S.D.); Jalen Voss, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Dominique Barnes, Cal Maritime.
2014-15 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Matt Schauss, Bethel (Ind.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Clay Yeo, Bethel (Ind.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): Jonny Marlin, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 6 (Feb. 10): Lawrence Jackson, Northwestern Ohio
Week 7 (Feb. 17): Jack Krieger, Saint Xavier (Ill.)