2018-2019 NAIA DII Men's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? No. 6
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma Wesleyan stayed atop the latest edition of the Top 25 poll, released on Tuesday. The Eagles received seven first-place votes and 308 total points to stay in the pole position for the second-straight installment.
Top 25 Highlights:
- Oklahoma Wesleyan is No. 1 after going 3-1 the past two weeks. The Eagles clinched the conference championship with a 97-95 (OT) win at then-No. 6 Southwestern (Kan.).
- The top-8 teams last at least one game since the last poll.
- No. 2 Morningside (Iowa) received four first-place votes. The Mustangs went 3-1 in the last couple of weeks, including a win over then-12 Briar Cliff (Iowa), 97-79.
- WVU Tech (W. Va.) joined the top-five this week, after they went 5-0 since the last poll.
- WVU Tech and Olivet Nazarene (Ill) moved up five sports each, highlighting the positive movement in the top 25.
- Madonna (Mich.) is the lone newcomer in the poll this week.
- Northwest Christian (Ore.) fell out of the rankings from No. 25.
- Indiana Wesleyan holds the longest active streak in the poll with 81-straight appearances. Bethel (Ind.) (No. 20) is next with 71, with Cornerstone (Mich.), currently ranked tenth in the poll, with 60.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018-2019 NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 6 (Feb. 19, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma Wesleyan ||28-2||308|
|2||2||Morningside (Iowa) ||25-2||305|
|3||5||Indiana Wesleyan ||25-5||292|
|5||T3||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||24-6||266|
|7||T3||College of Idaho||25-5||248|
|11||T6||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)||24-6||203|
|14||13||Indiana East (Ind.)||23-7||196|
|15||12||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||20-7||162|
|16||21||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||23-7||158|
|18||T18||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||21-8||136|
|21||23||Indiana Northwest (Ind.)||23-6||106|
|25||24||IU Kokomo (Ind.)||23-6||73|
Dropped out: Northwest Christian (Ore.)
Others receiving votes: Presentation (S.D.) 43; Milligan (Tenn.) 39, Northwest Christian (Ore) 38; Ave Maria (Fla.) 23; Indiana Tech 19; Holy Cross (Ind.) 17; Washington Adventist (Md.) 12; Corban (Ore.) 9; Saint Francis (Ind.) 9; Antelope Valley (Calif.) 5
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!