2019-2020 NAIA DII Men's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll – No. 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Hustlin’ Owls of Oregon Tech move up one spot to earn the No. 1 spot in the latest edition of the 2019-20 NAIA DII Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. The Owls outscored their preseason opponents by an average of 31 points per game.
Top 25 Highlights
- Oregon Tech has a current overall record of 9-0 overall earning 10-first-place votes and 311 points. The team competed in the national championship game a year ago and returns virtually all of their players.
- Morningside (Iowa) moved in to the No. 2 spot this week. The Mustangs have quality wins over Indiana Tech, Cornerstone (Mich.), and Benedictine (Kan.).
- Mount Vernon Nazarene made positive movement in to the top five. They are shooting 52% from the field and 43% from the three. The Cougars currently post an overall record of 9-0.
- The newcomers to the poll this week Washington Adventist (Md.), Ottawa (Kan.), Ave Maria (Fla.), Bethel (Ind.), St. Ambrose (Iowa), Bethel (Kan.), Corban (Ore.) and Saint Xavier (Ill.).
- Indiana Wesleyan holds the longest active streak in the poll with 84-straight appearances. Bethel (Ind.) is next with 73 and then Cornerstone (Mich.) with 63.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019-2020 NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 – Poll 1 (Nov. 27)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Oregon Tech ||9-0||311|
|2||4||Morningside (Iowa) ||7-0||302|
|3||4||Indiana Wesleyan ||7-1||293|
|4||8||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)||9-0||281|
|5||3||College of Idaho||6-2||267|
|6||6||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||5-0||260|
|7||1||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||5-2||252|
|8||11||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||8-1||236|
|11||RV||Washington Adventist (Md.)||6-1||207|
|13||RV||Ave Maria (Fla.)||7-0||188|
|15||24||Saint Francis (Ind.)||10-0||172|
|16||10||IU Kokomo (Ind.)||7-2||168|
|20||NR||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||7-1||108|
|25||NR||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||7-1||68|
Dropped Out: Oklahoma Wesleyan, Indiana East, Bellevue (Neb.)
Receiving Votes: Michigan-Dearborn 56, Indiana Southeast 44, Northwestern (Iowa) 43, Antelope Valley (Calif.) 31, Kansas Wesleyan 16, Oklahoma Wesyalan 13, Cal Maritime 12, Eastern Oregon 11, Southeastern (Fla.) 8, Holy Cross (Ind.) 7, Mount Marty (S.D.) 5, Montreat (N.C.) 5, Lourdes (Ohio) 4, Indiana East 3