2019 Men’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – Poll 1, Oct. 9
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) remains at No. 1 in the first regular-season edition of the Men’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- No. 10 Marian (Ind.) was the only new team to join the Top 10 this week.
- The teams in the top five during the preseason poll remain in the top five with the addition of Hastings (Neb.) tied for No. 5 with St. Francis (Ill.)
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Men’s Bowling Preseason Top 10 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||50|
|2||3||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||45|
|2||2||Grand View (Iowa)||45|
|4||5||William Penn (Iowa)||36|
|5||4||St. Francis (Ill.)||35|
|8||7||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||32|
Receiving Votes: Saint Xavier (Ill.) 15, Pikeville (Ky.) 14, Kansas Wesleyan 8, Aquinas (Mich.) 6, Tennessee Wesleyan 4, Baker (Kan.) 3, Morningside (Iowa) 3