2019 Men’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – Poll 2, Nov. 14
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) remains at No. 1 in the second regular-season edition of the Men’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Baker (Mo.) jumped into the poll to No. 7 after receiving votes last poll.
- Indiana Tech made the biggest jump up in the poll this week as the team moved five spots.
- The Top 5 shifted a bit this week as Indiana Tech and Martin Methodist (Tenn.) found their way into the Top 5.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 10 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 15 points for each first-place vote, 14 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Men’s Bowling Preseason Top 10 Poll
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||66|
|4||8||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||51|
|5||2||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||50|
|6||5||St. Francis (Ill.)||49|
|9||2||Grand View (Iowa)||33|
Receiving Votes: Pikeville (Ky.) 24, William Penn (Iowa) 24, Concordia (Mich.) 17, Kansas Wesleyan 12, Cumberlands (Ky.) 6, Tennessee Wesleyan 4