2019 Men’s Bowling Coaches’ Preseason Top 10 Poll – Sept. 12
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After a banner year, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) opens the inaugural championship season at No. 1.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- SCAD Savannah ended the 2018-19 season as the invitational winner.
- Grand View (Iowa) finished up the 2018-19 season with a loss to Concordia (Mich.) in round six and restocked to land in the No. 2 slot in the preseason poll.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Men’s Bowling Preseason Top 10 Poll
|RANK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||66|
|2||Grand View (Iowa) ||59|
|3||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||56|
|4||St. Francis (Ill.)||52|
|5||William Penn (Iowa)||50|
|7||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||38|
Receiving Votes: Pikeville (Ky.) 28, Cumberlands (Ky.) 18, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 13, Baker (Kan.) 7, Aquinas (Mich.) 6, Marian (Ind.) 5, Bethel (Ind.) 4, Morningside (Iowa) 3