2018 NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? No. 4
By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City remains on top for the second-consecutive week in the NAIA Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The Stars collected eighteen first-place votes and 498 total points.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000)
• The Stars hold the No. 1 ranking for the 51st time in program history and fourth-time this season
• Oklahoma City has continued its dominance this past week by finishing 2nd of 17 teams at the Arkansas Tech Dave Falconer Classic and 1st of 18 teams at the Battle at Primm
• The Stars have five 1st-place finishes and three 2nd-place finishes this season
• William Penn (Iowa) is the only newcomer to the Top 25 this week. This is William Penn's first-time ever appearing in the Top 25 poll
• Oklahoma City owns an NAIA-best streak of 111-straight appearances in the Top 25
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||498|
|3||2||Dalton State (Ga.)||464|
|5||5||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||432|
|7||10||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||396|
|8||8||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||388|
|12||7||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||328|
|15||15||William Woods (Mo.)||268|
|17||21||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||220|
|19||20||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||196|
|20||25||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||191|
|21||18||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||189|
|24||NR||William Penn (Iowa)||95|
|25||23||The Master's (Calif.)||94|
Dropped from the Top 25: William Carey (Miss.)
Others Receiving Votes: The Master’s (Calif.) 95; William Carey (Miss.) 94; Morningside (Iowa) 49; Arizona Christian 35; Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 34; Faulkner (Ala.) 30; Bethany (Kan.) 25; Marymount California 18; Reinhardt (Ga.) 17; Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 16; Indiana Wesleyan 14; Grand View (Iowa) 14; SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 11; Oregon Tech 6; Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 6; Sterling (Kan.) 6; Holy Cross (Ind.) 5; Jamestown (N.D.) 4