2018 NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? No. 5 (April 6)
By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City hits three-straight weeks at No. 1 in the NAIA Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The Stars collected eighteen first-place votes and 498 total points again this week.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000)
• The Stars hold the No. 1 ranking for the 52nd time in program history and the fifth-time this season
• Oklahoma City returns to play April 9th at the Dalton State (Ga.) Roadrunner Classic before the Sooner Athletic Conference Championships
• Three newcomers come to the Top 25 this week with Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.), and Morningside (Iowa) joining. Lindsey Wilson rejoins for the first time since Sept. 29, 2017, while Freed-Hardeman and Morningside make their first-ever appearance
• Oklahoma City owns an NAIA-best streak of 112-straight appearances in the Top 25
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 5
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||498|
|3||3||Dalton State (Ga.)||463|
|5||5||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||434|
|7||7||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||395|
|8||8||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||393|
|13||12||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||309|
|15||15||William Woods (Mo.)||268|
|17||17||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||216|
|19||19||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||207|
|20||NR||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||200|
|21||21||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||188|
|24||24||William Penn (Iowa)||112|
Dropped from the Top 25: The Master’s (Calif.); Corban (Ore.); Lawrence Tech (Mich.)
Others Receiving Votes: The Master’s (Calif.) 79; Corban (Ore.) 62; Arizona Christian 37; William Carey (Miss.) 35; Park (Mo.) 27; Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 27; Reinhardt (Ga.) 22; Cumberlands (Ky.) 19; Grand View (Iowa) 18; Bethany (Kan.) 16; Culver-Stockton (Mo.) 11; Marymount California 10; Faulkner (Ala.) 10; SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 4; Bellevue (Neb.) 3