2018-19 NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Nov. 9, 2018
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City built on its No. 1 ranking in October to maintain its position at the head of the class in the NAIA Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000)
- Oklahoma City snagged 11 of 18 first-place votes
- The Stars have won four of their five tournaments this season, most recently at the Southern Plains Intercollegiate
- Johnson & Wales (Fla.) made the biggest jump from No. 20 to No. 12
- No. 16 Truett McConnell, No. 21 Southeastern (Fla.), No. 23 Oregon Tech and No. 24 Northwestern (Iowa) are all new to the poll this week.
- Oklahoma City leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 118 consecutive appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018-19 NAIA Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Nov. 9, 2018
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|4||3||University of Northwestern Ohio||453|
|5||5||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||430|
|7||9||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||407|
|8||12||Dalton State (Ga.)||390|
|11||7||William Carey (Miss.)||322|
|12||20||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||310|
|15||15||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||264|
|16||NR||Truett McConnell (Ga.)||251|
|19||16||William Woods (Mo.)||168|
|22||25||Mount Mercy (Iowa)||142|
Dropped from the Top 25: Victoria (B.C.), Morningside (Iowa), Cardinal Stritch (Wis.), Indiana Wesleyan
Others Receiving Votes: Victoria (B.C.) 83, Tennessee Wesleyan 79, Carroll (Mont.) 63, Morningside (Iowa) 44, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 41, Cumberland (Tenn.), 39, Indiana Wesleyan 37, Sterling (Kan.) 37, Corban (Ore.) 22, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 10, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas) 3, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 3, Oklahoma Wesleyan 3