2016 Men?s Lacrosse Coaches? Top 10 Poll ? No. 2 (March 8)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Davenport (Mich.) is No. 1 in the second regular-season edition of the NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Panthers claimed five first-place votes and 117 points. The third regular-season installment will be released March 15.
Men’s Lacrosse is in year one of a two-year process towards becoming an NAIA National Championship sport. Throughout the season, 27 Men’s programs will fight for eight spots in the first-ever national invitational tournament May 4-7 in Greenville, S.C. Eight regular-season polls will be conducted, as well as a final and postseason poll.
- The ratings committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/A.I.I./group
- Each conference/A.I.I./group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
- Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
- For additional details on the national rating, please consult the coaches’ manual – Men’s | Women’s
NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – No. 2 (March 8)
|RANK||LAST WEEK^||SCHOOL (1st place votes)||Record *||Final Points|
|1||1||Davenport (Mich.) (5)||2-0||117|
|2||3||Reinhardt (Ga.) (3)||4-0||114|
|3||2||Siena Heights (Mich.)||1-2||103|
|5||7||Indiana Tech (Ind.)||0-0||88|
|10||5||St. Andrews (N.C.)||5-1||46|
Dropped from the Top 10: Lawrence Tech (Mich.) (No. 10)
Others receiving votes: Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 39; SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 33; St. Gregory’s (Okla.) 26; Aquinas (Mich.) 10; Michigan-Dearborn 8; Robert Morris (Ill.) 6; Tennessee Wesleyan (5; St. Mary’s (Kan.) 4.
^ Ranking based off the NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Coaches' Poll (March 1)
* Record includes games against NAIA schools only