2018 NAIA Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 Poll - No. 3 (Sept. 18)
By Pete Scantlebury, NAIA National Office Manager of Athletics Communications
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After an undefeated week, William Carey (Miss.) hangs onto the top spot in the NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
William Carey moved into the No. 1 ranking after the second week of the
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- William Carey beat LSU-Alexandria 4-1 in its lone game of the last week.
JoaguinRuiz Cabello scored two goals for the Crusaders, bringing his team-leading goal total to five for the season.
- William Carey claims the No. 1-spot for the 12th time dating back to the 2000 season.
- There’s only one new team in the poll this week, as Spring Arbor (Mich.) makes the jump to No. 21.
- Rio Grande (Ohio), which checks in at No. 8, has the most top-rankings with 57 dating back to the 2000 season.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record for the longest consecutively-ranked active school at 120-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007.
RioGrande is second on the list with 111-straight polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- For the complete men’s soccer
ratingscalendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018 NAIA Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 Poll - No. 2 (Sept. 11)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||POINTS||RECORD|
|1||1||William Carey (Miss.) ||495||7-0-0|
|2||2||Baker (Kan.) ||484||6-1-0|
|4||4||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||441||5-1-0|
|8||8||Rio Grande (Ohio)||389||5-0-0|
|9||10||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||366||5-1-1|
|11||13||Central Methodist (Mo.)||343||6-0-1|
|13||12||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||285||5-1-0|
|14||9||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||273||5-2-0|
|16||19||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||259||5-1-0|
|21||NR||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||154||6-2-0|
|24||20||Southwestern Christian (Okla.)||116||7-1-0|
Dropped from Top 25: Grace (Ind.)
Others receiving votes: Grace (Ind.) 78, WVU Tech 67, The Master’s (Calif.) 51, Truett-McConnell (Ga.) 50, Southeastern (Fla.) 35, Benedictine (Kan.) 23, Northwestern (Iowa) 17, Madonna (Mich.) 17, Science & Arts (Okla.) 13, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 10, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas) 9, William Woods (Mo.) 7