2016-17 NAIA Men's Swimmer/Diver of the Month - No. 1 (Dec. 15)
By Nikki Sherrill, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Keith Jessee of Asbury (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Men’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month, the national office announced Thursday. Jessee was selected for his performance from the beginning of the season through Dec. 12. This is the first swimming honor of the 2016-17 season. The second national award will be announced Jan. 19.
National Men's Swimmer/Diver of the Month
Keith Jessee, Asbury (Ky.)
So., Liberty Township, Ohio
• Reached the “A” Qualifying mark in five events – 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard butterfly, 400-yard IM, 100-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle.
• During the Sewanee Igloo Invite in Tennessee, Jessee broke three individual meet records – 200-yard butterfly, 500-yard freestyle, 400-yard IM – and was a part of meet records on both the 400 and 800-yard freestyle relays.
• Split a 1:41.81 during the 800-yard freestyle relay in Sewanee, which was the fastest for all relays at the meet.
• Jessee is currently ranked in the Top 10 Times for NAIA swimmers. His highest-ranking is in the 400-yard IM as he comes in at No. 2.
• This is Jessee’s first national award.
Nominees: Magnus Poulsen, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Tom Franicevich, Biola (Calif.); Igor Dozortsev, Cumberlands (Ky.); Clemens Paetzold, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Chris Telman, Campbellsville (Ky.); Kohen Kerr, WVU Tech; Josiah Morales, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Joel Ax, SCAD Savannah (Ga.).
2016-17 Men's Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners
December: Keith Jessee, Asbury (Ky.)