2019 NAIA Men's Tennis Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Poll 4 (March 26, 2019)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Georgia Gwinnett continued its scorching-hot start to remain on top of the Top 25. The Grizzlies retained all 14 first-place votes and are 17-0 this season. Reinhardt (Ga.) is also undefeated at No. 2 with a spotless 8-0 record while Cardinal-Stritch (Wis.) rounded-out the top three with an 8-4 mark. Middle Georgia State and Keiser (Fla.) grabbed the Nos. 4 and 5 spots respectively.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000)
- Georgia Gwinnett has been ranked No. 1 in the last 42-straight polls.
- William Woods (Mo.) fell from No. 4 to No. 9 this week after a pair of losses in a row to then No. 8 Xavier (La.) and then-No. 9 William Carey (Miss.)
- No newcomers entered the poll this week.
- William Carey (Miss.), who is currently 7-2, jumped three spots to No. 6. The Crusaders dipped as low as No. 11 this season has consistently climbed since that point a month ago on February 26, 2019.
- No. 7 Xavier (La.) extends the longest consecutively-active streak in the poll with 100 straight appearances. Westmont (Calif.) which is ranked No. 25, is second with 86 straight polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2017-18 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete ratings calendar, click HERE
2019 NAIA Men’s Tennis Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 4 (March 26, 2019)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Georgia Gwinnett ||17-0||374|
|3||3||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||8-4||350|
|4||6||Middle Georgia State||10-2||330|
|6||9||William Carey (Miss.)||7-2||310|
|8||7||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||2-2||295|
|9||4||William Woods (Mo.)||5-2||284|
|17||17||Hope International (Calif.)||15-3||185|
|23||21||University of Northwestern Ohio||8-6||112|
Dropped from the Top 25: None
Others Receiving Votes: Asbury (Ky.) 73, Texas A&M Texarkana 37, Loyola (La.) 36, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 23, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) 18, Southwestern (Kan.) 12, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) 12, Webber International (Fla.) 9, Hastings (Neb.) 6, Judson (Ill.) 3.