2018-19 NAIA Men's Volleyball Players of the Week ? No. 3 (Feb. 5)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ben Steffen of Mount Mercy (Iowa) was named as the NAIA men’s volleyball attacker of the week, Matheus Andrade of Lourdes (Ohio) was named as the NAIA men’s volleyball defender of the week and Jeremy Hernandez of Campbellsville (Ky.) was named as the NAIA men’s volleyball setter of the week announced the national office on Tuesday. The trio was chosen out of a pool of conference and group winners.
Attacker of the Week
Ben Steffen, Mount Mercy
6-8, SO, MB, Madison, Wis.
- Steffen led his team to an undefeated weekend (4-0). The middle also earned tournament MVP at the Judson University Tournament.
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 46 kills
- Averaged 3.07 kills per set
- Attack percentage of 0.405
- Added 12 digs, five aces and 18 total blocks (14 assisted) to his stat line.
Defender of the Week
Matheus Andrade, Lourdes
6-1, SO, OH, Coronel Fabriciano, Brazil
- Andrade recorded double-digit digs in three matches against NCAA opponents while marking a season-high of 15 digs against McKendree (Ill.).
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 39 digs
- Averaged 3.25 digs/set
- Recorded a reception percentage of 0.934 with only five
- Added seven assists and one kill to his stat line
Setter of the Week
Jeremy Hernandez, Campbellsville (Ky.)
6-0, JR, S, Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- Hernandez recorded double-digit assists against three opponents last week and marked a season-high of 41 assists against No. 10 St. Andrews (N.C.)
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 80 assists
- Averaged 10 assists per set
- Added five kills, 13 digs, one service ace and six assisted blocks to his stat line.
For more information on NAIA men’s volleyball, CLICK HERE
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, CLICK HERE
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
Attacker of the Week Nominees: Andrea Maggio, Park (Mo.); Steven Rodriguez, Missouri Baptist; Alberto Chiaparini, Bluefield (Va.); Diego Hernandez, St. Andrews (N.C.); Logan Adcock, Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.); Jose Leon Gomez, UC Merced; Justin McCarthy, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Zach Schmidt, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Felix Chapman, Grand View (Iowa); Alex Pasek, Clarke (Iowa); Ashan Jordan, Ottawa (Kan.); Jason Camacho, Campbellsville (Ky.); Arthur Amorim, Cumberland (Tenn.); Emmanuel Chaidez, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Defender of the Week Nominees: Jaylon Player, Park (Mo.); Skyler Capllonch, Missouri Baptist; Jacob DeSouza, St. Andrews (N.C.); Trennon Udall, Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.); Zach Brill, UC Merced; Ryan Gossett, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Mitchell Wannahwilai, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Alex Pasek, Clarke (Iowa); Joseph Hallowell, Grand View (Iowa); Troy Lance, Ottawa (Kan.)
Setter of the Week Nominees: Luciano Bucci, Park (Mo.); Jason Harman, Missouri Baptist; Jackson Stark, St. Andrews (N.C.); Chaz Franqui, Bluefield (Va.); Ryan Steele, UC Merced; Aaron Kummer, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Jake
2018-19 Men's Volleyball Composite Award Winners (Attacker, Defender, Setter)
Week 1 (January 23): Joshua Boothroyd, Aquinas (Mich.), Daniel Littleton, Aquinas (Mich.), Colby Elder, Aquinas (Mich.)
Week 2 (January 30): Simon Joly, Missouri Valley, Felipe Guirau, Park (Mo.), Henrique Gehrke, Lourdes (Ohio)
Week 3 (February 06): Ben Steffen, Mount Mercy (Iowa), Matheus Andrade, Lourdes (Ohio), Jeremy Hernandez, Campbellsville (Ky.)