NAIA National Wrestler of the Week ? No. 6
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Michael Pixley of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was chosen based on his performances from Feb. 2 – 8. This is the sixth weekly award of the 2015 season.
National Wrestler of the Week
Michael Pixley, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
184-pound, Fr., Blue Springs, Mo.
• Defeated then-No. 6 LJ Grayson of Indiana Tech, 7-4, to help Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) to a 31-6 dual match win over then-No. 6 Indiana Tech.
• Overcame a 6-0 deficit to earn a 14-13 victory over then-No. 11 Dalton Bailey of Life (Ga.), propelling the Blue Raiders to a 29-6 dual victory against the 11th-ranked Running Eagles.
• Entered the duals unranked at 184 pounds.
• Collects his second career weekly award – first on Jan. 14, 2015.
• Last Lindsey Wilson Wrestler of the Week other than Pixley: Jameel Bryant (Feb. 12, 2014)
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Andrew Mahone, Missouri Baptist; Josh Shelton, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Luke Schlosser, Great Falls (Mont.); Kodie Cole, Concordia (Neb.); Brent Curtis, Morningside (Iowa); Kevin Corbett, Doane (Neb.); Mike Andreano, Baker (Kan.); Kasey Crump, Ottawa (Kan.); Tristan Macri, Cumberlands (Ky.); Bo Bettinson, Waldorf (Iowa); Ricky McCarty, Oklahoma City.
2015 Wrestling Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 7): Joshua Crager, Warner Pacific (Ore.)
Week 2 (Jan. 14): Michael Pixley, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 3 (Jan. 21): Toby Cheff, Montana State-Northern
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Zach Anderson, Bethany (Kan.)
Week 5 (Feb. 4): Jake Sinkovics, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 6 (Feb. 11): Michael Pixley, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)