NAIA National Wrestler of the Week ? No. 7
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – BJ Carman of St. Catharine (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was chosen based on his performances from Feb. 9 – 15. This is the seventh and final weekly award of the 2015 season.
National Wrestler of the Week
BJ Carman, St. Catharine (Ky.)
197-pound, Fr., New Haven, Ky.
• Pinned Elliot Porter of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) in 2:39.
• Helped St. Catharine – a first-year NAIA wrestling program – to a 27-21 dual win against Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) after sticking the Lynx’s Ryan MacGeorge in 5:43. The victory is the third all-time for the squad.
• Entered the event ranked No. 16 at 197 pounds.
• Owns 24-9 overall record this season.
• Collects his first career national weekly award.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Steven Garcia, Morningside (Iowa); Enrique Barajas, Concordia (Neb.); Felix Casa del Valle, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.).
2015 Wrestling Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 7): Joshua Crager, Warner Pacific (Ore.)
Week 2 (Jan. 14): Michael Pixley, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 3 (Jan. 21): Toby Cheff, Montana State-Northern
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Zach Anderson, Bethany (Kan.)
Week 5 (Feb. 4): Jake Sinkovics, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 6 (Feb. 11): Michael Pixley, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 7 (Feb. 18): BJ Carman, St. Catharine (Ky.)