NAIA National Wrestler of the Week ? No. 2
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Andrew Schulte of Concordia (Neb.) has been named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was chosen based on his performances from Jan. 4 – 10. This is the second of sixth weekly awards for the 2016 season.
National Wrestler of the Week
Andrew Schulte, Concordia (Neb.)
141-pound, Jr., Corona, Calif.
• Posted a 5-0 record at the 2016 NWCA Multi-Divisional National Duals in Fort Wayne, Ind., Jan. 8 – 9.
• The eighth-ranked wrestler twice defeated No. 6 Daniel Leonard of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), while also claiming a major decision (15-4) over No. 5 Tyler Hinton of Ottawa (Kan.).
• Led the Bulldogs to a seventh-place finish at the 16-team event.
• He has won 12-straight en route to a 26-6 overall record and a 10-1 mark in dual meets.
• First career national weekly award.
For the complete NAIA Wrestler of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Tyler Fraley, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Matt Behr, Missouri Baptist; Jared Key, St. Andrews (N.C.); Keegan Williams, Morningside (Iowa); Trever DeVestern, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Kevin Corbett, Doane (Neb.); Michael Pixley, Grand View (Iowa); Stephen Loosbrock, Benedictine (Kan.); Marcelo Sierra, Graceland (Iowa); Kenny Boyd, Missouri Valley; Brady Moser, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Dalton Bailey, Life (Ga.); Hunter Bell, Cumberlands (Ky.); Sammy Rosario, Cumberland (Tenn.); Ricky McCarty, Oklahoma City; Ethan Owen, Southeastern (Fla.); Travis Barroquillo, Indiana Tech
2016 Wrestling Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Andrew Long, Grand View (Iowa)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Andrew Schulte, Concordia (Neb.)