2018 NAIA Men's Cross Country Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? No. 3
By Lexi Naegele, Athletic Communications Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City continues to dominate the No. 1 rank in the NAIA Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, while St. Francis jumps to No. 2 with a handful of first-place votes, announced the national office on Wednesday.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• Top-ranked Oklahoma City takes its first 2018 victory at the Oklahoma Baptist Invitational. The team captured the first place finish over 13 other teams
• Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 34 all time.
• Southern Oregon also holds the record for the longest active streak of being in the Top 25 with 94 straight appearances, dating back to 2008.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.” For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 3
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||585|
|2||3||St. Francis (Ill.) ||568|
|3||2||Southern Oregon ||563|
|4||4||College of Idaho||529|
|5||5||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||508|
|6||6||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||484|
|9||9||Saint Mary (Kan.)||450|
|15||15||Shawnee State (Ohio)||333|
|21||22||The Master’s (Calif.)||205|
|22||23||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||184|
Others Receiving Votes: Madonna (Mich.) 95, Cumberlands (Ky.) 80, Carroll (Mont.) 76, Doane (Neb.) 51, UC Merced 36, Montreat (N.C.) 36, Trinity Christian (Ill.) 20, Ohio Christian 13, Cumberland (Tenn.) 9, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 6, SAGU (Texas) 6, Goshen (Ind.) 6, Reinhardt (Ga.) 5, Benedictine (Kan.) 5.