2019 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Oct. 3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Oklahoma City remains at No. 1 in the latest edition of the men’s cross country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll country season.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Oklahoma City raced in the Missouri Southern Stampede after the last ratings period and finished eight of 30 as a team.
- There are two new teams in the poll this week: No. 16 Cornerstone (Mich.)
- Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 43 all time.
- Southern Oregon actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the Top 25 poll with 102 consecutive appearances. This week the team is at No. 6.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||580|
|2||5||College of Idaho ||564|
|3||3||Saint Mary (Kan.) ||558|
|4||4||St. Francis (Ill.)||537|
|5||13||The Master's (Calif.)||510|
|7||7||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||471|
|9||10||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||435|
|11||11||Shawnee State (Ohio)||402|
|22||21||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||184|
|25||23||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||134|
Receiving Votes: Oregon Tech 125, Siena Heights (Mich.) 104, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 94, Menlo (Calif.) 64, UC Merced (Calif.) 31, Dakota State (S.D.) 18, SAGU (Texas) 15, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 15, Campbellsville (Ky.) 8, Benedictine (Kan.) 5