2019 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Oct. 17
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Oklahoma City remains at No. 1 in the latest edition of the men’s cross country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll country season.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Oklahoma City notches its 30th No. 1 rank.
- The Stars have been ranked consecutively for the last 14 polls.
- There are two new teams in the poll this week: No. 23 Michigan-Dearborn (Mich.) and No. 25 William Carey (Miss.).
- The top five teams remain the same as The Master’s (Calif.) and St. Francis (Ill.) switch places from the last poll.
- Indiana Wesleyan and Doane (Neb.) jumped nine and eight spots in the poll respectively this week.
- Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 43 all time.
- Southern Oregon is actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the Top 25 poll with 103 consecutive appearances. This week the team is at No. 8.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||591|
|2||2||College of Idaho||570|
|3||3||Saint Mary (Kan.)||536|
|4||5||The Master's (Calif.)||517|
|5||4||St. Francis (Ill.)||512|
|7||9||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||457|
|10||7||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||441|
|11||11||Shawnee State (Ohio)||410|
|20||22||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||234|
|23||25||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||113|
|25||NR||William Carey (Miss.)||100|
Receiving Votes: Menlo (Calif.) 97, William Woods (Mo.) 90, Campbellsville (Ky.) 83, Oregon Tech 76, Westmont (Calif.) 56, Aquinas (Mich.) 46, Marian (Ind.) 41, Columbia (Mo.) 27, Dakota State (S.D.) 21, Siena Heights (Mich.) 12, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 11, UC Merced (Calif.) 5, Montana State Northern 3