2019 Men’s Cross Country National Championship Preview
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The 2019 Men’s Cross Country National Championship will take place in Vancouver, Wash. on November 22.
Championship Preview Highlights (all times Pacific Time)
- We will see 37 teams and 81 individuals at the 64th Annual Men’s Cross Country National Championship.
- This is the sixth year that the championship has been hosted in Vancouver, Wash.
- The Cascade Collegiate Conference serves as the host for the championship.
- The 8k race will start at 10:30 a.m. at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. The race will not be streamed live
- The awards ceremony will be streamed live and can be found HERE. The ceremony will start at approximately 1:00 p.m.
- The timer will be sending live results HERE. Keep in mind these results are not finalized until after the review period.
- Fort Vancouver National Historic Site is the only national park unit in the Portland-metro area, in sight of snowy mountain peaks and a vibrant urban landscape, this park has a rich cultural past. From a frontier fur-trading post to a powerful military legacy, the magic of flight, and the origin of the American Pacific Northwest. The park preserves and interprets stories of transition, settlement, conflict, and community.
- The 2018 men’s cross country national champions, Oklahoma City, returns to the championship and enters the field as No. 1 in the latest Top 25 poll. The Stars have held the No. 1 rank for the entire 2019 season.
- The defending national champions will be looking to capture their fifth national title and second consecutive title.
- 2018 individual champion, Colin DeYoung of Cornerstone (Mich.), is not returning to the 2019 championship as he was a redshirt this season.
- College of Idaho, Southern Oregon and Then Master’s (Calif.) have all attended the national championship for the last 10 years.
- There are six teams that are attending the national championship for the first recorded time over the last 10 years: Antelope Valley (Calif.), College of the Ozarks (Mo.), Doane (Neb.), Hope International (Calif.), Loyola (La.) and Northwest (Wash.)
- The NAIA meet record for the 8k is 23:14.0 set by Silah Misoi of Life (Ga.) in 1996.
For another look at the qualifiers list CLICK HERE
Team Participation from 2010-2019
|Antelope Valley (Calif.)||1|
|College of Idaho||10|
|College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||1|
|Dakota State (S.D.)||2|
|Hope International (Calif.)||1|
|Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||9|
|Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||9|
|Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||4|
|Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||3|
|Saint Xavier (Ill.)||2|
|SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||4|
|Shawnee State (Ohio)||8|
|St. Francis (Ill.)||9|
|St. Mary (Kan.)||3|
|The Masters (Calif.)||10|
|Wayland Baptist (Texas)||6|
|West Virginia Tech||2|
|William Woods (Mo.)||3|