2017 NAIA Softball Players of the Week ? No. 5 (April 18)
By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kathleen Daniel of Brenau (Ga.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week and Molly Carter of Columbia (Mo.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Daniel and Carter were selected based on their performances from April 10 – 16, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.)
Fr., P, Locust Grove, Ga.
• Daniel pitched 18.0 innings allowing eight hits, while recording 36 strikeouts and zero walks on the week.
• Her highlight game came against Brewton-Parker where Daniel recorded 11 strikeouts and allowed one hit in four innings pitched.
• She boasts a 35-2 overall record with a 0.45 ERA.
• Leads the NAIA in wins (25), batters struck out (478) and batters struck out per game (12.7).
• This is Daniel's second honor of the season.
Softball Player of the Week
Molly Carter, Columbia (Mo.)
So. IF, Columbia, Mo.
• Had 20 at-bats, connecting for 13 hits, totaling 14 RBI’s on the week.
• Carter tallied three doubles while powering two home runs.
• Her highlight game in the first game against Hannibal-LaGrange where Carter recorded one double, powered a home run and tallied four RBI’s.
• Averaged 3.3 at bats, 2.2 hits, 1.0 runs scored, a batting average of .650 and a slugging percentage of 1.100.
• Carter set two new Columbia school records with most home runs in a single season (12) and most RBI’s in a single season (69).
For more information on NAIA softball, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
Pitcher Nominees: Taylor Winn, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Maci Mills, Reinhardt (Ga.); Ashley Adkins, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Victoria Mackey, Southern Oregon; Ashley Yattoni, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Kaisey Carson, Indiana Wesleyan; Emily Russell, Vanguard (Calif.); Rachel Henks, Morningside (Iowa); Olivia Brees, Baker (Kan.); Taylor Hansis, Georgia Gwinnett; Molli Morgan, Ottawa (Kan.); Taylor Slade, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Kelli Fisher, Bellevue (Neb.); Haley Beam, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Emily Gray, Indiana Southeast; Abby Meador, Oklahoma City; Lauren West, Thomas (Ga.); Mallory Teunissen, Davenport (Mich.)
Player Nominees: Olivia Gore, Bryan (Tenn.); Genifer Garbellini, La Sierra (Calif.); Harlee Donovan, Southern Oregon; Haley Huss, Roosevelt (Ill.); Kaisey Carson, Indiana Wesleyan; Areana Ramos, Biola (Calif.); Brittney Banks, College of Saint Mary (Neb.); Stephanie Cardona, Baker (Kan.); Hailey Burnham, Georgia Gwinnett; Hillary Strelau, British Columbia; Chelsea Conrad, McPherson (Kan.); Samantha Luckett, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Abigail Giese, Viterbo (Wis.); Aubri Hockenbury, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Gabby Bruner, Midway (Ky.); McRae Cayton, Oklahoma City; Autumn Conaway, Brenau (Ga.); Melody Grafals, St. Thomas (Fla.); Kassidy Butler, Michigan-Dearborn
2017 Softball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher, Player)
Week 1 (March 22): Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.), Allyson Metz, Columbia (Mo.)
Week 2 (March 29): Georgia Wall, Oklahoma City, Kaisey Carson, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 3 (April 5): Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.), Kelsey Gravens, Midway (Ky.)
Week 4 (April 12): Abby Meador, Oklahoma City, Kassidy Butler, Michigan-Dearborn
Week 5 (April 19): Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.), Molly Carter, Columbia (Mo.)