2018 NAIA Softball Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Final (May 8)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In the final regular-season edition, Georgia Gwinnett again lands in the No. 1 ranking in the 2018 NAIA Softball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, announced Tuesday by the national office. As the unanimous selection, the Grizzlies hold the top spot for the fifth-straight week in collecting 18 first-place votes and 498 total points.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly.
- For the complete calendar of 2018 Top 25 Polls,click here.
2018 NAIA Softball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (May 8)
|RANK||LAST WEEK^||SCHOOL (1st PLACE VOTES)||2018 RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Georgia Gwinnett (18)||49-3||498|
|5||3||Science & Arts (Okla.)||50-5||444|
|6||6||Hope International (Calif.)||46-9||411|
|13||11||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||39-14||291|
|15||16||St. Francis (Ill.)||38-7||283|
|16||17||Grand View (Iowa)||46-8||278|
|18||19||Central Methodist (Mo.)||41-9||225|
|19||18||William Carey (Miss.)||38-13||210|
|24||NR||Rio Grande (Ohio)||35-11||110|
|T25||NR||Valley City State (N.D.)||39-12||72|
Others Receiving Votes: Midland (Neb.) 52; Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 45; Columbia (Mo.) 45; Georgetown (Ky.) 36; Texas Wesleyan 36; USC Beaufort (S.C.) 27; Aquinas (Mich.) 26; Northwestern (Iowa) 21; William Jessup (Calif.) 16; Houston-Victoria (Texas) 10; Tabor (Kan.) 6; Taylor (Ind.) 4; Warner (Fla.) 3.
Dropped Out: No. 23 Morningside (Iowa), No. 24 Warner (Fla.).
^ Previous ranking occurred April 24, 2018 (Poll No. 4)