NAIA Division I Women?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Chayla Rutledge of Benedictine (Kan.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which encompasses performances from Jan. 12 – 18, is the third of the 2014-15 season. Rutledge was selected out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Chayla Rutledge, Benedictine (Kan.)
5-11, Jr., F, Stockton, Mo.
• Set career highs in scoring on back-to-back nights to lead Benedictine to a 2-0 week.
• Posted a then-career-high 28 points and six rebounds in an 87-73 win at Graceland (Iowa) on Jan. 15.
• Then upped her career-high with 33 points on 10-of-14 shooting against Missouri Valley two days later. She was also 2-for-3 from beyond the arc and 11-for-12 at the free throw line, while also adding nine rebounds.
• Her 33-point effort ranks fifth on Benedictine’s all-time single-game scoring list.
• Ended the week 18-of-28 (64.3 percent) from the field and shot 92.0 percent (23-for-25) at the charity stripe.
• Averaged 30.5 points, 7.5 blocks and 1.0 assist for the week.
• First career National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Grace Alonso De Armino, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Lynette Holmes, Langston (Okla.); Jasmine Crawford, Concordia (Calif.); Darah Huertas-Vining, Great Falls (Mont.); Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Brandy Broome, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Janeicia Neely, Loyola (La.); Yvonte Neal, Oklahoma City.
2014-15 Division I Women’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Ajha Edwards, Montana State-Northern
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ajha Edwards, Montana State-Northern
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Chayla Rutledge, Benedictine (Kan.)