NAIA Division I Women?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 5
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lindsey Abramson of Great Falls (Mont.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which encompasses performances from Jan. 26 – Feb. 1, is the fifth of the 2014-15 season. Abramson was selected out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Lindsey Abramson, Great Falls (Mont.)
6-2, Sr., C, Phoenix, Ariz.
• Recorded her 11th double-double of the season with 22 points and 14 rebounds to lead then-No. 22 Great Falls (Mont.) to an 82-64 win against then-No. 10 Montana State-Northern on Jan. 31.
• Converted 8-of-10 field goal attempts and was a perfect 5-for-5 at the free throw line.
• Added three assists, three steals and one block.
• The victory is the Argos’ 18th on the season, which ties a program record for single-season wins.
• Ranks third in the NAIA in rebounds per game (11.7) and total rebounds (258).
• Earns second career National Player of the Week honor.
• Last women’s basketball player from Great Falls to earn Player of the Week honors: Abramson (Jan. 7, 2014)
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Devanny King, Georgetown (Ky.); Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.); Elliot Taylor, Lyon (Ark.); Brandy Broome, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Kieanna Wharton, Missouri Valley; Kyoko Wade, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Alexia Kelley, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Maya Kennedy, Vanguard (Calif.).
2014-15 Division I Women’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Ajha Edwards, Montana State-Northern
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ajha Edwards, Montana State-Northern
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Chayla Rutledge, Benedictine (Kan.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Janis Peterson, Concordia (Calif.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): Lindsey Abramson, Great Falls (Mont.)