2018-19 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Players of the Week ? No. 5 (Jan. 15)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Destinee Bowie of Menlo (Calif.) was named as the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball player of the
Player of the Week
Destinee Bowie, Menlo (Calif.)
6-2, SR, P, Sacramento, Calif.
- Bowie recorded her 10th and 11th double-doubles during the week against No. 5 Vanguard (Calif.) (31 points, 21 rebounds) and was one block shy of the programs first triple-double against San Diego Christian (Calif.) (17 points, 18 rebounds). The senior also recorded new career-highs of nine blocks, 31 points
21 rebounds. and
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 48 points, 24.0 average
- Totaled 39 rebounds, 19.5 average
- Shot 20-of-32 (0.625) from the field
- Added nine blocks and a free throw average of 0.471
For more information on NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
Nominees: Danyale Bayonne, LSU Alexandria (La.); Myah Taylor, Bethel (Tenn.); Terralyn Dominick, Philander Smith (Ark.); Vashti Nwagbaraocha, William Penn (Iowa); Brianna King, Montana Western; Brianna Burbridge, Pikeville (Ky.); Haylee Croom, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Baily Cameron, John Brown (Ark.)
2018-19 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 05): Peyton Greenlee, William Woods (Mo.)
Week 2 (December 12): Vanessa Murphy, Vanguard (Calif.)
Week 3 (January 02): Lexi Rich, SAGU (Texas)
Week 4 (January 09): Stephanie Soares, The Master's (Calif.)
Week 5 (January 16): Destinee Bowie, Menlo (Calif.)