2017-18 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll - No. 5
By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Southeastern (Fla.) is the No. 1 team for the first time this season in the fifth NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. Southeastern earned 11 of 12 first-place votes and 312 total points to earn the top spot.
Top 25 Highlights
• This is the Fire's first-ever No. 1 ranking.
• Southeastern is now the only undefeated team in DII Women's Basketball.
• Saint Francis (Ind.) rejoined the Top 25 for the first time since Dec. 12 at the No. 25 spot. Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) also joins the Top 25 this week at the No. 24 spot. This is Embry-Riddle's first time in the Top 25 ever.
• Morningside (Iowa) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings of all time with 38. Indiana Wesleyan is second with 33.
• Morningside continues to hold the record for longest consecutively-ranked active school with 169 straight polls. Saint Xavier (Ill.) is second on the list with 156, including its time in Division I.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point
For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2017-18 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll No. 5 (Feb. 6)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Vote]||Record||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Southeastern (Fla.) ||23-0||312|
|2||1||Concordia (Neb.) ||25-1||302|
|3||3||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||26-1||293|
|4||4||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||21-2||281|
|10||12||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||22-4||220|
|13||14||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||18-7||179|
|14||16||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||19-3||172|
|17||17||St. Francis (Ill.)||17-7||155|
|18||17||Valley City State (N.D.)||20-3||148|
|19||19||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||21-4||133|
|21||21||Rio Grande (Ohio)||24-2||110|
|25||NR||Saint Francis (Ind.)||16-10||47|
Dropped from Top 25: Mayville State (N.D.); Tabor (Kan.)
Other Receiving Votes: Mayville State (N.D.) 47; Reinhardt (Ga.) 43; Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 33; Indiana East 27; Oregon Tech 24; Oklahoma Wesleyan 16; Concordia (Mich.) 12; UC-Merced 9; St. Thomas (Fla.) 5; Tennessee Wesleyan 4; Huntington (Ind.) 3