Southeastern dominates against Indiana Wesleyan
SIOUX CITY, Iowa – (Box Score) Southeastern (Fla.) was dominant in their second round performance after coming off of an overtime win against No. 8 seeded Cornerstone (Mich.). The Fire handily defeated Indiana Wesleyan by a final score of 83-63. Senior star Ana Richter scores a game high 22 to push the Fire to the quarterfinals of the 2018 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball National Championship tournament.
- Southeastern and Indiana Wesleyan played in the first second round game in the Naismith Bracket. In the first round of the tournament, the Fire found a way to defeat Cornerstone (Mich.) in overtime by a score of 69-64, while Indiana Wesleyan defeated Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) handily by a score of 78-65.
- After a tough first game for the Fire, they came out shooting 63 percent and outscoring the Wildcats 23-11. Southeastern held the lead the entire first quarter. The Wildcats shot just 33 percent, going 5-15 from the floor. Ana Richter and Emma Karamovic each dropped seven points in the first to help gain a 12 point advantage going into the second.
- The second opened the same way, with the Fire starting out with an 11-3 run to build their lead up to 20 in the first three and a half minutes in the second. Southeastern continued their dominant shooting by going 9-12 in the second quarter. Jaycee Coe, Ana Richter, and Emma Karamovic were all 10-points scorers in the first half. The lead for the Fire would build to 27 by the end of the quarter to go into half up 48-21.
- The red hot Fire struggled slightly in the third, only connecting on 39 percent of shots. The Wildcats clawed their way back to cut the deficit by three points, going into the fourth trailing by 24. The game would finish with the Fire ahead by ?? points to advance to the quarterfinals.
- Impressive point performances by Ana Richter (22), Emma Karamovic (11), and Jaycee Coe (17) paved the way for the Fire to dominate from start to finish in this game
- Southeastern was red hot in their win over Indiana Wesleyan, and they will look to play the same way in the quarterfinals. The Fire will take on the winner of Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) and Southern Oregon in the quarterfinals of the Naismith Bracket. That game will be played tomorrow at 1:00 P.M.