2018-19 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? No. 4
By Pete Scantlebury, NAIA Manager of Athletic Communications
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Concordia (Neb.) jumped to No. 1 in the latest edition of the 2018-2019 NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, receiving all 12 first-place votes.
Top 25 Highlights
- Concordia (19-2) returned to the top spot after a two-poll hiatus. The Bulldogs were the No. 1 team in the first two polls of the season. Concordia is in the midst of a five-game winning streak.
It’s loneloss over the previous 11 games was a double-overtime thriller against Dordt (Iowa.)
- Dakota Wesleyan dropped consecutive games to fall out of the
top-spot. The most recent loss was in double overtime to RV Hastings (Neb.)
- New to the poll this week: No. 18 Saint Francis (Ind.), No. 20 Siena Heights (Mich) and No. 22 Corban (Ore.)
- Sterling (Kan.) was the last remaining undefeated team, but dropped two games since the last polling period and comes in at No. 11 in the most recent poll.
- Morningside (Iowa), which checks in at No. 8, holds the record for most No. 1 rankings of all-time with 38. Indiana Wesleyan – 19th in this poll – is second with 33.
- Morningside also holds the record for longest consecutively ranked active school with 176 straight polls. Saint Xavier (Ill.) is second on the list with 163, which includes its time in DI Women’s Basketball.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018-19 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll – No. 4 (Jan. 22, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST-PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||2||Concordia (Neb.) ||19-2||312|
|4||1||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||19-3||279|
|6||6||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||17-3||261|
|11||10||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||16-4||205|
|13||14||St. Francis (Ill.)||15-5||189|
|17||18||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||15-6||137|
|18||NR||Saint Francis (Ind.)||15-7||130|
|20||NR||Siena Heights (Mich.)||17-5||113|
|21||23||Indiana Northwest (Ind.)||17-5||97|
Dropped out: Hastings (Neb.), Bellevue (Neb.)
Receiving votes: Milligan (Tenn.) 66, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 52, Hastings (Neb.) 48, Bellevue (Neb.) 34, Kansas Wesleyan 34, Midland (Neb.) 11, Haskell (Kan.) 8, Huntington (Ind.) 6, St. Thomas (Fla.) 5, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 3, Embry Riddle (Ariz.) 3
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!