2019 Women’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – Poll 1, Oct. 9
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Pikeville (Ky.) remains at No. 1 in the first regular-season edition of the women’s bowling coaches’ Top 10 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- The top five teams from the preseason poll remained in the top five
- There are no new teams in the poll this week
- There are five teams that remained at the same rank they were in the preseason poll
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 10 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women’s Bowling Preseason Top 25 Poll
|POINTS||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Pikeville (Ky.) ||66|
|2||4||St. Francis (Ill.) ||60|
|4||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||54|
|6||8||Grand View (Iowa)||43|
|8||9||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||37|
|8||6||William Penn (Iowa)||37|
Receiving Votes: Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 26, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 20, Baker (Kan.) 12, Union (Ky.) 11, Kansas Wesleyan 8, Lourdes (Ohio) 5