2019 Women’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – Poll 2, Nov. 14
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Pikeville (Ky.) remains at No. 1 in the second regular-season edition of the women’s bowling coaches’ Top 10 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- The top five teams from the preseason poll flipped around but all five remained in the top five
- There are two teams that joined the Top 10 after receiving votes in the last poll: No. 6 Martin Methodist (Tenn.) and No. 7 Baker (Kan.)
- Only two teams remained at the same rank as the last poll: No. 1 Pikeville (Ky.) and No. 8 Saint Xavier (Ill.)
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 10 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 15 points for each first-place vote, 14 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women’s Bowling Preseason Top 10 Poll
|POINTS||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Pikeville (Ky.) ||63|
|2||4||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||61|
|3||2||St. Francis (Ill.) ||59|
|6||RV||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||42|
|8||8||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||38|
|9||8||William Penn (Iowa)||32|
Receiving Votes: Lourdes (Ohio) 30, Grand View (Iowa) 19, Kansas Wesleyan 19, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 19, Hastings (Neb.) 7, Union (Ky.) 4