2015 NAIA Women?s Golf Top 25 Coaches? Poll
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Keiser (Fla.) starts off the season in the No. 1 position in this week’s 2015 NAIA Women’s Golf Top 25 Coaches’ Poll, the national office announced Friday. The second installment will be released on Friday, March 11.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• No. 1 Keiser (Fla.) continues its run at No. 1 for the eighth time since last season’s preseason Top 25 Poll. The Seahawks earned 14 out of 18 total first-place votes with 495 points overall.
• Newcomers Arizona Christian make their way into the Top 25 Poll for the first time in school history ranked No. 22. No. 13 Coastal Georgia and No. 19 SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) also see Top 25 spots since the 2015 postseason poll, which was conducted on May 22.
• Three teams made their way into the Top 25 after never being ranked: No. 13 Coastal Georgia (since postseason of last season), No. 19 SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) (since postseason of last season) and No. 22 Arizona Christian (first time in school history).
• The Sun Conference has the most schools appearing in the Top 25 Poll including: No. 1 Keiser, No. 2 SCAD Savannah (Ga.), No. 8 USC Beaufort (S.C.), No. 14 Thomas (Ga.) and No. 25 Southeastern (Fla.).
• No. 3 William Woods (Mo.) is the only team to represent the American Midwest Conference. Other schools who are representing their conference alone are, No. 9 Bellevue (Neb.) North Star, No. 16 Indiana Tech, Wolverine-Hoosier, No. 18 William Penn (Iowa), American Midwest, No. 20 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho), Frontier, No. 21 Marian (Ind.), Crossroads, No. 22 Arizona Christian, Golden State and No. 23 Embry-Riddle (Ariz.), Cal-Pac.
• Campbellsville (Ky.) jumped a significant amount of spots this week going from No. 17 to No.12. This is the highest ranking in school history. The highest previous ranking was No. 21 in last season’s postseason poll.
• No. 5 Oklahoma City has the most No. 1 rankings in Women’s Golf with 43. British Columbia is right behind with 13.
• Four teams fell out of the Top 25 since the last poll on Aug. 28 including: Then-No. 25 Madonna (Mich.), No. 22 Bethel (Ind.), No. 21 Mobile (Ala.) and No. 16 Houston-Victoria (Texas).
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2015 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – (Nov. 6)
|RANK||LAST WEEK^||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) (14)||495|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||476|
|3||3||William Woods (Mo.) (3)||464|
|4||5||Dalton State (Ga.) (1)||450|
|8||9||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||384|
|18||21||William Penn (Iowa)||217|
|19||NR||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||181|
|20||RV||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||165|
|24||15||William Carry (Miss.)||135|
Dropped from Top 25: Madonna (Mich.), Bethel (Ind.), Mobile (Ala.), and Houston-Victoria (Texas)
Other Receiving Votes: Mobile (Ala.), 76, Biola (Calif.) 66, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 65, Madonna (Mich.) 50, Cumberland (Tenn.) 38, Bethel (Ind.) 32, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 24, Faulkner (Ala.) 22, College of Idaho 21, St. Thomas (Texas) 18, Tennessee Wesleyan 8, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 4, Lawrence Tech (MI) 3