2017 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll No. 2 ? Nov. 3
By Katie Green, Manager of Athletics Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) remains at No. 1 in the latest edition of the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced on Friday. SCAD Savannah (Ga.) capture the top slot with 13 first-place votes.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000, excluding 2006 polls)
- This is 14th time in school history that SCAD Savannah (Ga.) has tallied a first-place ranking.
- The Bee’s have place first in three-of-four meets that they have competed in this fall.
- There were three new additions to the poll: No. 17 Loyola (La.), No. 22 Victoria (B.C.) and No. 24 Cumberland (Tenn.).
- To date, Oklahoma City has tallied the most No. 1 rankings with a total of 45.
- Since 2006, William Woods (Mo.) and SCAD – Savannah (Ga.) hold the record for current streak in the Top 25 at 70 polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2017 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll No. 2 — Nov. 3
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||434|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.) ||424|
|6||6||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||366|
|8||8||William Carey (Miss.)||342|
|9||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||324|
|10||14||William Woods (Mo.)||309|
|19||19||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||182|
|20||4||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||170|
|21||25||William Penn (Iowa)||140|
Dropped from the Top 25: No. 16 Oregon Tech, No. 22 Marian (Ind.), No. 24 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho.)
Others Receiving Votes: Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 88, Marian (Ind.) 80, Morningside (Iowa) 38, Oregon Tech 33, Campbellsville (Ky.) 30, Tennessee Wesleyan 17, Indiana Wesleyan 15, Bellevue (Neb.) 8, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 7, Briar Cliff (Iowa) 5