2018 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? No. 4
By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the fourth time in a row, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) owns the No. 1 ranking in the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The Bees captured 14 first-place votes and 465 total points.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000, excluding 2006 polls)
• SCAD Savannah owns the No. 1 ranking for the 15th time in program history
• At the Morehead State Citrus Challenge, the Bees placed 7th of 14 teams. SCAD Savannah is also home to four golfers in the Top 25
• SCAD Savannah returns to the course at the end of April for the Sun Conference Championships
• No new teams joined the Top 25 for the second-straight week
• Since 2006, No. 6 William Woods (Mo.) and SCAD Savannah hold the active record for consecutive Top 25 appearances with 72-straight polls.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||465|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.) ||449|
|3||3||British Columbia ||442|
|4||4||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||422|
|6||10||William Woods (Mo.)||388|
|8||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||368|
|9||7||William Carey (Miss.)||348|
|20||18||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||182|
|22||22||William Penn (Iowa)||157|
|23||21||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||148|
Others Receiving Votes: Marian (Ind.) 89; Tennessee Wesleyan 64; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 53; Indiana Wesleyan 29; Morningside (Iowa) 23; Oregon Tech 17; Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 9; Campbellsville (Ky.) 9; Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 3